Banana & Chocolate Muffins - A Little Treat
Charlotte Methner, Germany
A little study treat
Hi, my name is Charlotte and I’m a year 10 student from Germany.
I know that due to the coronavirus many of you are, just like me, stuck at home and have to learn a lot every day to make up for the lost school time.
Hard work is important, but so are breaks. That’s why today I want to share my favourite study break recipe with you: Banana-chocolate-chips-Muffins! They’re super easy and fast to make and taste awesome, a great snack to reward you after a long study session.
What you’ll need:
◦ 190 Gramms flour
◦ 2 teaspoons (TS) baking powder
◦ 1/2 TS bicarbonate of soda
◦ 75g chocolate chips
◦ 2 eggs
◦ 120g Brown sugar
◦ 80ml oil (not olive oil!)
◦ 4 medium sized bananas
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease your muffin tray or fill it with baking paper.
2. Mix the flour, the baking powder, the soda and the chocolate together.
3. Whisk up the eggs, add the oil and the sugar.
4. Peel the bananas and mash them up with a fork.
5. Add the bananas to the egg-mixture and mix them nicely.
6. With a spoon, slowly add the flour to the egg-banana-mixture and mix it all together.
7. Pour the dough into your muffin tray and bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 20 to 25 minutes.
8. Enjoy your Muffins!
I hope you liked this recipe and have a good time studying. Keep the good work up and we’re all gonna get through it together!
Greetings from Germany,